All Robert Sorby’s extensive experience of producing rugged timber framers’ chisels has gone into producing these two exquisite framers’ slicks.
The combination of weight and balance coupled with a traditional finish means these slicks produce a truly fine, yet accurate cut.
The blade is off-set from the handle. This allows extra clearance when working on deep mortices or taking long paring cuts.
Made from high carbon steel Robert Sorby slicks offer a perfect combination of hardness and toughness together with a razor sharp cutting edge.
The working face has a slightly hollow surface for ease of honing and the back face is rounded off to eliminate sharp corners giving extra comfort and security.
Made of ash, the handle has been specially contoured for comfort. It is affixed to the blade by means of a heavy duty tang. An innovative socket is fitted between the blade and handle to make this the strongest of framing tools.
Available in 2⅜ and 3⅜" widths.
Heavy duty leather holsters and edge guards are also available.
The holster is especially useful when working outdoors.
- Massive slicks for framers and boat builders (overall length is 28")
- Off-set blade gives clearance in deep sockets
- Strong, solid one-piece forging
- Heavy duty socket lends additional strength
- Corners rounded off for safety
- Purpose made leather holster and edge guard available