- Forged from special Sheffield steel precision ground flat backs ensure smooth, straight cuts.
- Special alloy ensures that perfect balance of toughness, edge retention and sharpness.
- Handle and blade are accurately aligned.
- Large tang seated deeply in the handle for extra security and strength.
- Each tool finely balanced for added control.
- Full selection of different handle styles and designs to meet specific requirements whether heavy slugging or refined paring.
- Finely ground bevels ensure accurate cutting in corners.
- Each tool marked with size for ease of identification.
Chisels are supplied with handles made of different materials.
- Ash – A relatively dense hardwood with high tensile strength.
- Boxwood – A slow growing shrub whose wood is extremely dense and unlikely to chip.
- Rosewood – A traditional wood for woodworking tools.
- Plastic – Plastic handles are most suitable for on-site work.
All woods are obtained from sustainable sources.
All our sets are available in high quality presentation boxes. Our boxwood and rosewood handled chisels are now available in hardwearing beech and plywood comb-jointed boxes.