This is Robert Sorby’s flagship set and our most popular tool combination. Suitable for anyone into turning, from beginners through to professionals. We strongly believe that anyone starting out turning should buy the best tools they can afford. This set comprises six of Robert Sorby’s core range. These are the standard by which the best of the rest follow and are a great introduction to those who have made up their minds turning is for them.
- 843H ¾" Spindle roughing gouge - turns square to round, a real work horse
- 840H ⅜" Spindle gouge - details spindle work
- 842H ⅜" Bowl gouge - makes light work of the hardest material and will quickly turn bowls
- 810H ¾" Standard skew chisel - modified this year to provide a slightly ‘rolled’ edge to help guard against catching an edge, this tool still retains much of its weight making it an ideal choice for larger spindle work, such as newel posts and table legs
- 830H ⅛" Parting tool - for parting off work and great for detailing
- 820H ½" Round nose scraper - just the job for bowls and platters
Presented in a high quality, beautifully crafted box. It delivers a striking visual impact especially if gifted as a present.Note:
Please quote part numbers for individual tools.