The Robert Sorby Sovereign Ultima Cutter delivers the optimum performance level when creating hollow forms. It can be used equally well on wet or dry end grain timber and is designed to deliver exceptionally high performance to meet the demands of the Sovereign Ultima hollowing tool.
The titanium nitride version of the cutter adds wear resistance and so increases the cutter’s longevity.
Use a diamond file or honing stone around the profile of the cutter.
To gain best results use the Sovereign Ultima cutter sharpening jig (SOV-ULTCSJ). The small size of this cutter is aided by the jig. Use a fine grit belt such as ceramic 120 or one of the Trizact range. As with all cutters Robert Sorby recommends sharpening little and often.
This cutter is designed for use with the following tools:
For more information:
- Sovereign Ultima (SOV16S-ULTS, SOV22S-ULTM, SOV-RSULTS, SOV-RSULTM)
- Sovereign Ultima Cutter Sharpening Jig (SOV-ULTCSJ)
- Download our sharpening guide here
- Watch the Robert Sorby film on sharpening hints and tips
- Look at our guide to sharpening abrasives