One of two double ended chattertool cutters that will produce a myriad of decorative patterns. Alternative patterns can be created by adjusting cutter lengths, alternating between cutter shapes, changing lathe speeds, using traverse or stationary cuts and by making cuts on, above or below centre. To be produced on end grain only.
Use a diamond file or honing stone flat across the top face. To gain best results and increase the longevity of the cutter this simple procedure should be done little and often.
This cutter is designed for use with the following tools:
For more information:
- RS2000 Deep Hollowing System
- Chattertool (RS215KT, RS216)
- Download our sharpening guide here
- Watch the Robert Sorby film on sharpening hints and tips
- Look at our guide to sharpening abrasives