The Robert Sorby Round End Swivel Tip is an excellent choice for removing waste material very quickly – especially undercutting and with added wear resistance of its TIN coating. A true work horse designed for the multi-tip hollowing tool but suitable for a range of Robert Sorby tools (see below).
This cutter is also available in high speed steel.
Use a diamond file or honing stone around the profile of the cutter. To gain best results and increase the longevity of the cutter this simple procedure should be done little and often.
Use the 472 cutter holder to reshape the profile on the Robert Sorby ProEdge or on a grinding wheel.
This cutter is designed for use with the following tools:
For more information:
- Multi-tip Hollowing Tool (RS200KT and RS200)
- RS 2000 Deep Hollowing System
- Swivel Tip Probe (8803H)
- Hollowmaster (RS230KT, SOV-RS230, SOV-RS340)
- Download our sharpening guide here
- Watch the Robert Sorby film on sharpening hints and tips
- Look at our guide to sharpening abrasives