The Robert Sorby Side End Swivel Tip is designed to create parallel sides on boxes and vases. This flexible cutter will also create flat surfaces on the bottom of pieces as well as crisp corners.
This cutter is also available in Robert Sorby’s Excelsior (titanium nitride coated high speed steel) series.
Use a diamond file or honing stone flat across the top face. To gain best results and increase the longevity of the cutter this simple procedure should be done little and often.
Use the 472 cutter holder to reshape the profile on the Robert Sorby ProEdge or on a grinding wheel.
This cutter is designed for use with the following tools:
For more information:
- Multi-tip Hollowing Tool (RS200KT and RS200)
- RS 2000 Deep Hollowing System
- Swivel Tip Probe (8803H)
- Download our sharpening guide here
- Watch the Robert Sorby film on sharpening hints and tips
- Look at our guide to sharpening abrasives