The Robert Sorby small tear drop cutter provides a multi-facetted, highly efficient cutting edge. The shape of the cutter effectively converts the tool into a round, half-round or square scraper suitable for use on the inside or outside of small bowls, platters and hollow forms. Use the straight edge on outside curves and the rounded shapes for internal curved shapes. A great all rounder that supports traditional scraping and shear scraping techniques.
Use a diamond file or honing stone flat across the top face. To gain best results and increase the longevity of the cutter this simple procedure should be done little and often.
This cutter is designed for use with the following tools:
For more information:
- Midi Multi-tip Hollowing System (RS100KT, RS100)
- RS2000 Deep Hollowing System
- Download our sharpening guide here
- Watch the Robert Sorby film on sharpening hints and tips
- Look at our guide to sharpening abrasives