The most comprehensive of Robert Sorby’s full size sets. This eight piece deluxe set carries all the core tools a turner will need to accomplish many basic projects and more. It contains two sizes of spindle roughing gouge to accommodate varying sized projects and two scrapers (round and square); the round scraper is ideal for creating flowing curves and the square is perfect for finishing convex and flat bottomed forms.
- 843H ¾" Spindle roughing gouge - turns square to round, a real work horse
- 840H ¼" Spindle gouge - details spindle work
- 840H ½" Spindle gouge - provides greater variety for engaging spindle work
- 842H ⅜" Bowl gouge - makes light work of the hardest material and will quickly turn bowls
- 810H ¾" Standard skew chisel – modified slightly this year to provide a slightly ‘rolled’ edge to help guard against catching an edge, this tool still retains much of its weight making it an ideal choice for larger spindle work, such as newel posts and table legs
- 831H 3/16" Diamond parting tool – for parting off work and great for detailing
- 820H ½" Round nose scraper – just the job for bowls, platters and spindle work
- 823H 1" Square scraper – ideal for flat bottomed projects and can be easily re-profiled to suit the turner
Presented in a high quality, beautifully crafted box. It delivers a striking visual impact especially if gifted as a present.
Please quote part numbers for individual tools.